Required Class and Lesson Materials
- Binder/ Folder
- Notebook/ Paper (lined or manuscript)
- Recording device
Equipment may be purchased/ ordered from a local dealer (Drum Center of Lexington, Willis Music, Hurst Music, etc.) or from an online retailer (Steve Weiss Music, Sweetwater, etc.). Links to specific items are provided in the following documents; prices and availability may fluctuate from time to time.
- DCP Cymbal Vault – Cymbal sound samples
- Drumeo – Drum set educational content
- Percussive Arts Society – Percussion performances and educational content
- Sounds Like a Drum – Videos about drum tuning/ setup/ etc.
- 40 PAS International Drum Rudiments – Notation, audio, and video examples
- Finale – Music notation software
- MuseScore – Free music notation software
- Music Speed Changer – Can change the speed of an audio file without altering pitch
- MusicTheory.net – Music theory lessons and exercises
- Percussive Arts Society – All things percussion
- Tonal Energy – Customizable tuner/ metronome app